Friday, June 1, 2012

Coming and Going!

There have been a number of times during the last two weeks especially that I've felt like I've been coming and going as I've been preparing to be going literally! Ever felt like that?


There are things to pack, both personally and pastorally, for this missions trip. There are things that I needed to be sure were in place at home and at church. Being gone for a little over 4 weeks is a BIG change from the normal 1 week here and there that we had come accustomed to, which meant that the "normal prep" I would do was multiplied times 4!

Before I entered into this final "two week stretch" I was also doing some part time work at the Dollar General in nearby Vernon (great place to work, by the way). I felt a bit overwhelmed by all of the trip dynamics coming to bear on me, and so I asked to be let go in order to get ready to go. Efrain Irizarry (Chino), the store's manager, was more than accommodating and very understanding. I am so very glad that he was able to work things out so that I could focus on what needed to be done to make this trip the best it can be.

Another "coming and going" dynamic was getting to chat online with Patrick Bentz, whose family have been in Lesotho, in southern Africa, for about two years and are now preparing to come back home to the U.S. I thanked him for his part in his family's ministry, even if he felt like he wasn't on the "front lines" while attending school there. It was neat to realized that here I was going and there they were coming at about the same time! You can read about their experiences on their blog here!


Now I'm just a few hours away from enjoying my last Sabbath here in Verona, NY until I get to celebrate our Savior and His Sabbath with the Verona church 5 weeks from now on July 7th. Thank you for sharing in this part of the journey - I hope you'll accompany me on the trip itself - which begins in just under two days!


No comments:

Post a Comment