Sunday, May 27, 2012

A Mission of "E"s!

With just 7 days to go until I begin traveling to Kenya, I wanted to share with you in a nutshell what this mission project entails - it is definitely a mission of "E"s! We are sensing that I am called of God to go to Kenya to:
  • Encourage the churches in their walk with the Lord and with one another. This will take place through formal times of teaching and preaching as well as through the interactions that will take place by being with one another on a day to day basis.
  • Equip the leaders with skills that will bless their pastoral and personal lives. I will seek to share principles that have benefited me as a pastor that are also transferable to their culture.
  • Experience the day to day life of our Kenyan brothers and sisters, as well as their ministries for the Lord, one of which is working with those stricken with HIV/AIDS.
  • Evangelize those who don't know Christ - sharing His love and life that can give them new life here and now and forever. This will take place through open air meetings as well as personal encounters.



As my sister Marcy would say, this is BIG!

Solomon recognized the "bigness" of the calling of God on his life to lead His people and asked God for wisdom. I too, am throwing myself on the mercy of God, and am asking for the same. Would you join me in asking as well? 

To paraphrase Solomon's prayer: "Now O LORD my God, You have called your servant to go to Kenya, but I am inexperienced, I have never done this sort of thing to this degree of magnitude before. And I as Your servant will be in the midst of Your people in Kenya whom You have chosen, a great people, whose potential is yet to be fully realized. Therefore give to me, Your Servant, an understanding heart, good judgment and discernment, that I may make a difference for such a time as this." (I Kings 3:6-9)

Thank you for taking this journey with me and for your incredibly vital prayer coverage!


1 comment:

  1. Sounds exciting. Thanks for sharing! God bless you, and your loved ones during this time!

    (-Joanna Lovelace using Daniel's account)

    ReplyDelete