Monday, May 21, 2012

Kenyan Connection Countdown

Heading Around the World is Just Around The Corner!


This coming June 3rd I have the privilege of heading to Kenya for a 4-week short term missions project with the pastors and people of the Seventh Day Baptist Kenyan Conference!

Time Until I Leave!

I'd like to share this experience with you, leading up to it now as well as living it out throughout the month of June!

If you'd like, there are 3 things you can do:

1) Pray - I will post regular updates for your prayer coverage leading up to my departure;

2) Participate - in addition to prayer updates, I will post dynamics of what I'm doing/experiencing in preparation for this trip. To stay up on what's up, click "Join" through the Facebook event link or subscribe to this blog; and

3) Provide - while the base funds have been raised thanks to all who have given along with the gracious doubling by the Missionary Society of up to $2,500 - you are still welcome to send support in care of the Verona SDB Church, 6773 Blackmans Corners Road, Verona, NY 13478, and designate it for the "Kenyan Connection"! A full accounting of how the funds were used will be provided early in July.

Thank you for your interest! I hope that what I share up to June 3rd will inform and inspire you!

God bless!
Pastor Steven James
Verona 7th Day Baptist Church


Please refer to some resources in place at this point about the missions trip:

SDB Missionary Society's video, click here: http://youtu.be/l0hzx3FfP44 and to read more about this venture, click here: http://www.sdbmissions.org/pdfs/MiniKenya1202_1.pdf

No comments:

Post a Comment